"Let's Dance" Spanish Course
Have you always wanted to dance Latin rhythms, but have not succeeded? Learn Spanish while you surrender to the rhythms of the Caribbean region full of music and joy.
Besides, it's a great workout. Learning how to dance Latin music can give you wonderful health benefits while you are having fun doing it.
This course combines Spanish language lessons with lively dance classes. Students will have the opportunity to learn the rhythm and motion of Latin American music, plus experience typical Colombian dances such as Cumbia, Salsa, Champeta, and Vallenato while learning Spanish useful expressions.
The Let's Dance Spanish course consists of 10 sessions (30 hours per course): 20 hours of Spanish lessons and 10 hours of dance class which also include history an importance of these rhythms in Latin American culture.
- Participants will take ownership of knowledge related to culture and Colombian folklore.
- Participants will improve their Spanish communicative skills.
- Participants will gain cultural experiences that will enable them to appreciate Colombia and its people.
- Participants will be enriched by the integration of different cultures that are part of the class group.
- Participants will strengthen their dancing skills to promote participation and interaction in the activities of their social life.
With our teachers:
- Students will learn the commands (Imperative) move your head, your arms, sit, stand, turn…
- Students will learn prepositions of place: up, down, center
- Students will learn physical action verbs: spinning, jumping, etc…
- Students will learn vocabulary related to position, direction and movement.
Artsy & Crafty Spanish Course
Ever wondered how to make things which are unique, with a pattern or design you like, colors you like and have the satisfaction of having something useful that you made while learning Spanish?
Crafting is good for you; once acquired, its skills are with you for life.
This course combines Spanish language lessons with arts and crafts classes. Students will have the opportunity to increase understanding of and engagement with contemporary and traditional Colombian crafts while learning Spanish. The lessons involve History, Appreciation, and correct working vocabulary.
The Crafts course in Spanish consists of 10 sessions (30 hours per course): 10 hours of Spanish lessons and 20 hours of Colombian crafts classes which also include history an importance of these in Latin American culture.
- Participants will develop a deeper understanding and appreciation of the Colombian people and their beautiful art.
- Participants will work from imagination, memory and direct observation.
- Participants will use and understand the art and design elements in the target language.
- Participants will use a variety of materials, media, tools and equipment.
- Participants will use an appropriate working vocabulary.
With our teachers:
- Students will learn vocabulary related to colors, textures, sizes, and different materials.
- Students will learn physical action verbs: cut, bind, tie, drop, paste, sew, etc…
- Students will learn to express their opinions about the work made by other people.